The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of safe and efficient quality patient care using the nursing process. The RN collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes are met and maintained. They participate in on-going Quality Improvement initiatives, demonstrate self-learning, act as a role model and mentor to members of the health care team, practices within the CNO Guidelines for professional behaviour, identify resources on the patient care unit, and support the Hospital’s nursing vision statements.
Our ideal candidate:
- Delivers safe and efficient quality patient care.
- Acts as a resource and provides leadership to other health care providers collaborating in and overseeing care provided by unregulated health care providers and health care aides.
- Coordinates the referral of patients to the appropriate members of the professional health care team.
- Maintains clear and accurate nursing Focus documentation in accordance with Documentation Standards.
- Interprets clinical information from sources such as physician orders and consults, patient chart and patient/client histories.
- Contributes positively to team success.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and ethical standards.
- Will possess good communicate and interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate:
- Must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Must have current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) and be in good standing.
- Must have current BCLS certificate.
- Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) certification in gerontology, rehabilitation or other related specialty preferred.
IV Therapy certificate.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill with CVAD’s, VAC therapy, CADD pumps, enteral feeding, tracheostomies and suctioning, and AED’s.
- Must possess computer skills sufficient to enter patient related data using Microsoft Office and Meditech.
- Responsible for promoting, maintaining, and improving personal clinical skills.
- Documents all appropriate information in the chart, transcribes physician’s orders accurately, and ensures that only recognized abbreviations are used.
- Must be able to organize work to meet the daily demands in workflow.
- Must have proven ability to perform the physical requirements of the position including moderate lifting and pushing wheelchairs.
New graduates are also encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in serving our community in an environment of holistic and compassionate care and would like to join our team, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter. Please return to the main Careers Page to apply.