Our ideal candidate:
- Must possess knowledge of hospital food services sufficient to understand therapeutic diets, food production and service processes.
- Must possess excellent computer skills, specifically in Word and Excel, to perform word processing and prepare spreadsheets, charts and tables with accuracy. Must be able to learn new computer programs.
- Must possess organizational skills sufficient to work independently, to prioritize work and to handle a work load with regular interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Must have attention to detail to complete departmental statistics, menu count, conduct inventory, verify prices, identify discrepancies, make corrections, and process invoices, cost inventory, compile statistics, meals on wheels, month end report, cash verification, and receiving food orders.
- Must have English language verbal communication skills sufficient to communicate clearly and effectively with staff, patients and family members, as well as hospital and departmental staff.
- Must have proficient English language literacy skills sufficient to maintain records, prepare reports, memos and business letters, read patient information and menus, to transcribe and relay telephone messages, with emphasis on accuracy.
- Must possess knowledge of standard office procedures including record keeping and filing systems.
- Must possess interpersonal skills sufficient to work cooperatively with other department staff and to deal effectively with patients, their families and the public.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have ability to withstand hot temperatures in kitchen and inherent physical demands (e.g. lifting, bending, pushing carts, repetitive motions and standing for long periods)
- An Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have at least three months experience in office or clerical environment.
- Completion of a Medical Office Administration Diploma at a college level or equivalent education preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) required.
- Previous experience working in a food service environment preferred.
- Food Safety and sanitation training and /or institutional dietary aide experience preferred.
- Completion of Medical Terminology course or equivalent preferred.
Regular Part-Time / Casual employees must be available for all days, and all shifts including weekends and statutory holidays.
If you are interested in serving our community in an environment of holistic and compassionate care and would like to join our team, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter.
Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre
Human Resources Department
541 Glenridge Avenue
St. Catharines, ON
Fax: (905) 687-3228
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their reply and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted by the Human Resources Department.