- Strips and disinfects beds, removes patient utensils such as bedpans, wash basins, etc., turns mattresses and makes beds with clean linen.
- Disinfects and dusts furnishings and fixtures.
- Washing screens and windows in all areas.
- Maintenance of floors and baseboards in patient care areas, public areas and hallways.
- Cleaning and disinfecting patient washrooms, shower rooms and tub rooms.
- Dry mopping, wet mopping with germicidal solutions and vacuuming carpets
- Empties and cleans garbage containers.
- Following waste management procedures pertaining to biomedical and regular waste.
- Performs other duties such as cleaning refrigerators, wheelchairs, stretchers, IV poles, housekeeping cart and buckets and dispensing ready to use cleaners.
- Helps maintain linen supplies on units.
- Other job duties as required.
- An Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess previous experience in hospitality services / housekeeping. Cleaning experience in a healthcare setting would be preferred.
- Knowledge of PIDAC Best practice standards for environmental cleaning and isolation cleaning an asset.
- Previous experience operating an auto scrubber is an asset.
- Must possess knowledge of the different forms of isolation procedures for cleaning rooms and knowledge of the practice of universal precautions.
- Must possess English language verbal communications skills and literacy skills sufficient to understand verbal and written instructions and to read product labels and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to work independently, following specific procedures and schedules.
- Must be able to operate a computer in order to access basic information.
If you are interested in serving our community in an environment of holistic and compassionate care and would like to join our team, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter.
Mail: Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre
Human Resources Department
541 Glenridge Avenue
St. Catharines, ON L2T 4C2
Fax: (905) 687-3228
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their reply and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted by the Human Resources Department.