Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre is a faith based 134 bed facility specializing in rehabilitation, complex care and seniors’ health. We take pride in providing an environment where our staff can grow professionally and personally. Add to that the beautiful environment of the Niagara Region with its breathtaking nature trails, award-winning wineries, acclaimed arts and culture and post-secondary institutions, and Hotel Dieu Shaver is where great careers begin and excel.
Manager, Inpatient Nursing Complex Care & Infection, Prevention and Control
(Regular Full-Time Position)
The incumbent is responsible for: the day to day clinical operations of the Complex Care (CC) Units, Palliative Care, and Infection Control Program at Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre; provision of leadership, management, and direction in all nursing functions, demonstrating a commitment to Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre’s vision, mission and values; ensuring that quality patient care is provided using best practice and evidence based guidelines to change and improve the nursing profession and the care provided to all patients.
The incumbent ensures the delivery of quality, effective and timely Infection Control services within the Hospital through the development, implementation and maintenance of comprehensive Infection Prevention & Control best practices.
Our ideal candidate will have experience:
- Providing professional leadership to nursing staff to effect and empower positive change and maintain the Standards of Practice outlined by the CNO.
- Utilizing a holistic approach to patient care to integrate patient and family motivational goals into the treatment plan.
- Ongoing analysis of clinical programs and services within the Hospital to ensure appropriate allocation of resources and measurable outcomes. Operating within the approved budget, ensures availability and operation of necessary equipment and supplies required to achieve optimal patient care, being accountable for staffing variances and day to day unit operations, interviewing, hiring, evaluating, disciplining, and working collaboratively with the bargaining units.
- Being responsible for the overall efficient operation of the Infection Prevention and Control Program and as such develops and administers the program, establishes annual goals and objectives; establishes and maintains a Continuous Quality Improvement program, developing reports and maintaining monthly statistical information.
- Providing comprehensive infection prevention and control services through the development, implementation and revision of policies, procedures and practices.
- Maintaining an active surveillance of all nosocomial and specific community acquired infections and provides current and appropriate infection control policies, procedures and information to all patient care related departments.
- Ongoing analysis of clinical programs and services within the Hospital to ensure appropriate allocation
- Working collaboratively with all members of the health care team in the development and implementation of the Hospital’s vision and strategic plan.
- Assisting with the development, implementation and review of clinical policies, standards and procedures.
- Initiating and developing cooperative relationships within the community to foster service integration and breakdown of barriers.
- Participates/Chairs committees as required including but not limited to: Infection Control Committee, Wound and Skin Committee, Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee.
- Demonstrating a commitment to professional development.
- Demonstrating the ability to apply HDSHRC values and professional practice standards to everyday duties and tasks.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN). Master’s preferred.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Certification in Infection Control (CIC).
- 2 -5 years of experience in a leadership/management role in a health care environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Previous experience with Meditech an asset.
- Experience working with unions and collective agreements is an asset
- Must be able to work independently and possess organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work sufficiently to establish and revise workload priorities based upon work volume, fluctuating deadlines and with regular interruptions, while maintaining a high level of accuracy and meeting all required deadlines.
- Must possess interpersonal and human relation skills sufficient to establish positive working relationships with senior management, managers, staff, union stewards and representatives. Demonstrates sensitivity and diplomacy when addressing and resolving inappropriate employee behaviour and special performance issues including conflict resolution between management and employees, and/or between individual employees.
- Possesses financial resource management skills sufficient to analyze interpret and communicate variance reports, financial statements, capital requests, resource management and budgetary development.
- Must possess interpersonal, verbal and written skills sufficient to maintain effective working relationships with department staff, hospital staff and the public.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to systematically analyze problems, draw relevant conclusions and devise appropriate course of action.
The Hotel Dieu Shaver provides a competitive compensation, benefit and pension plan.
If you are interested in serving our community in an environment of holistic and compassionate care and would like to join our team, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter.
Closing Date: Monday, November 5, 2018 - 4pm
Human Resources Department
541 Glenridge Avenue
St. Catharines, ON
Fax: (905) 687-3228
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their reply and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted by the Human Resources Department.