Our ideal candidate:
- Must possess knowledge of hospital food services sufficient to understand therapeutic diets, food production and service processes and to prepare food for patients and non-patients.
- Must possess knowledge of arithmetic, weights and measures sufficient to portion out accurate quantities of food ingredients in accordance with established standards.
- Must possess interpersonal skills sufficient to work cooperatively with other department staff and to deal effectively with patients, their families and the public.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have ability to withstand hot temperatures in kitchen and inherent physical demands (e.g. lifting, bending, pushing carts, repetitive motions and standing for long periods).
- Must possess organizational skills sufficient to work independently and to rearrange own work load to meet established priorities.
- Must have English language literacy skills sufficient to read and comprehend job procedures, supply labels, menus, messages, new admission information, order sheets and accurately transcribe patient information.
- Must have English language verbal and written communication skills sufficient to communicate effectively with department staff, patients and family members and other hospital staff and accurately transcribe patient information.
The successful candidate will possess:
- An Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- One or more year of recent related experience required.
- Safe Food Handlers Certification required.
- Successful completion of a Food Services Worker Program (or current enrolment) from a recognized college preferred.
If you are interested in serving our community in an environment of holistic and compassionate care and would like to join our team, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter.
Mail: Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre
Human Resources Department
541 Glenridge Avenue
St. Catharines, ON L2T 4C2
Fax: (905) 687-3228
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their reply and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted by the Human Resources Department.