Hotel Dieu Shaver Foundation
The Hotel Dieu Shaver Foundation is seeking a polished, dynamic and experienced fundraising professional who wishes to use their skills and talents to benefit the patients of Niagara’s only Rehabilitation Hospital. Using their experience in fundraising and strategic planning, the successful incumbent will work collaboratively with the Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre (HDSHRC), donors, government and key community leaders to promote and raise the profile of the Hospital, to develop a comprehensive fundraising program that builds on the Foundation’s donor base and meets or exceeds annual revenue targets, including the further development of the Foundation’s initiatives and the development and launch of the capital campaign for Hotel Dieu Shaver’s planned bed expansion. The incumbent is also responsible for developing and maintaining positive relationships with the community, government and donors, leading and coaching Foundation staff, and promoting Foundation initiatives in collaboration with the Hospital. Additional duties include managing donor-centred stewardship programs and acknowledging, recognizing, celebrating and communicating with donors about the impact of their investment.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Proven leadership and vision to develop and implement strategic and comprehensive annual and multi-year fundraising strategies, financial plans and tactics to elevate the Foundation’s fundraising profile and success
- Proven success in developing, managing and executing large scale capital campaigns to ensure successful fundraising for the Hospital’s capital needs and new build.
- Proven success in creating, managing and successfully executing fund development strategies to guide annual giving, major gifts, planned giving and other targeted giving programs as well as donor relations, communications and stewardship
- Strong communications, interpersonal and superior organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Hotel Dieu Shaver Hospital, donors, government and key community leaders to promote and raise the profile of the Hospital as a leader in rehabilitation and complex care and to support the Hospital’s new build and expansion
- Experience soliciting minor and major gifts from Community members and corporations.
- Experience in participation of all aspects of the gift cycle, including:
- Initiate contacts with potential leadership and major gift donors
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies, including working with current donors and volunteers
- Develops strategies for and participates in fundraising events
- Making solicitations when appropriate
- Maintain stewardship contacts with donors; adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors
- Proven skills to research and write grant submissions offered by corporations, government and others.
- Experience in creating annual reports, strategic plans, brochures, social media content and community publications and other such information connected with furthering the image of the Foundation.
- Demonstrated exceptional presentation skills to deliver presentations and speeches when acting as a representative of the Foundation.
- Event planning and management skills sufficient to organize, hold and evaluate the success and profit of various fundraising events.
- Financial resource management skills necessary to prepare and monitor budgets and reports associated with the Foundation’s fundraising goals and revenues, and its day to day operating budget.
- Human resource management skills necessary to oversee and lead the Foundation staff and volunteers and provide guidance, strategic direction and coaching.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with the Foundation Board in order to coordinate all Foundation Board activities, assist the Board of Directors in fulfilling their fiduciary responsibilities by developing policies and procedures for the Foundation and board activities, and working with the Board’s Governance Committee to identify, recruit, train and retain a high quality Board active in identified fundraising goals.
- Possession of exceptional administrative skills necessary to manage the corporate affairs and day to day operations of the Foundation, including: establishing policies and procedures involving donor receipting, record keeping and gift acknowledgement; preparation of annual budgets, revenue projections, and other financial reports for the Board of Directors and Hospital; authorization of expenditure and disbursements of Foundation assets, and ensure administration of Foundation investments in accordance with investment policy.
- Must have excellent judgement and attention to detail with a high regard for confidentiality.
The successful candidate requires:
- Relevant Degree/Diploma from a recognized university or college, or equivalent training and experience required.
- A minimum of eight (8) to ten (10) years of progressive experience in fundraising, with at least five (5) years of demonstrated success in a management role.
- Significant progressive experience in major or planned gift fundraising, capital campaigns, and large-scale event planning and execution.
- Accreditation as a Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) a strong asset.
- Recent related experience in a healthcare setting an asset.
- Experience researching prospective donors (government agencies, corporations, foundations) as well as building and maintaining relationships with funders required.
- Successful experience in developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Adobe Suite and Raiser's Edge Software.
- Experience writing successful grant applications and project proposals to governments and foundations, ideally in the $10,000 to $250,000+ range required.
- Must possess a high degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Existing high-level community contacts an asset.
- Proficiency in the French language an asset.
- This role is mobile (requires a vehicle) so someone who enjoys being in the community would do well as there is a constant need to attend many outreach, government and work-related events.
The Hotel Dieu Shaver Foundation provides a competitive compensation and pension plan.
If you are interested in serving our community in the support of an environment of holistic and compassionate care and would like to join our team, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter.
Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre
Human Resources Department
541 Glenridge Avenue
St. Catharines, ON L2T 4C2
Fax: (905) 687-3228
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their reply and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted by the Foundation.
Closing Date: September, 11th @ 12:00pm