We are seeking a Spiritual Care Practitioner to provide spiritual/religious/emotional support and supportive counseling on the basis of need to patients, family, and HDS team members.
Our ideal candidate:
- Demonstrates commitment to person centred care.
- Has the ability to work independently and as a team member in a multi-faith, multi-cultural setting.
- Possess proficient computer skills preferably in Microsoft Word, Meditech and Emerald.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills to facilitate strong working relationships with patients, families, interprofessional team members, and community partners.
- Has strong clinical documentation skills.
- Possess the ability to perform duties in a professional, courteous and timely manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to HDS standards.
- Engages and advocates for the care and treatment of the whole person (spiritual, psychological, mental and social) during their hospital experience.
- Provides direct religious and spiritual care to patients, families/friends and staff at HDS ensuring their spirituality and/or faith traditions are respected.
- Exercise initiative and good judgement with ability to multitask.
- Works in compliance with confidentiality requirements.
- Works effectively with a diverse population of patients and health care staff.
- Has a good work and attendance record required.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A Master’s degree of Divinity or equivalent
- Current certification as Certified Spiritual Care Practitioner with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC), or in the process of completing certification.
- Registration with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, or in the process of completing registration.
- A minimum of two years recent pastoral care experience in a hospital setting. Preferably in a complex care or rehabilitation setting.
- A letter of endorsement from a recognized faith group required.
- Proficiency in both official languages (English and French) will be considered an asset
*Must be willing to work on a rotational basis during days, weekends and holidays as scheduled by the Director of Mission and Pastoral Services.*
We invite you to join our friendly work environment and take advantage of a unique opportunity to develop in an innovative role and in a culture that fosters holistic and compassionate care. Please submit your resume and cover letter.
Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre
Human Resources Department
541 Glenridge Avenue
St. Catharines, ON L2T 4C2
Fax: (905) 687-3228
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request throughout the recruitment process.
We appreciate all applications received and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted.