You can now book your hearing test directly from our website. Click Here!
Our Experienced Audiology Team has been providing Services for the Niagara community since 1972. The Hotel Dieu Shaver Hearing Aid Dispensary was established in 1998 in order to provide a full Hearing Healthcare service.
Our Team is friendly and helpful; uses state-of-the-art equipment and our audiologists are knowledgeable in all the latest technology. We have always been and continue to be here to listen and work with you to tailor a solution to your lifestyle needs.
Audiologists are hearing healthcare professionals who assess, diagnose and manage individuals with hearing difficulties. An Audiologist has at least a Masters degree specializing in hearing loss and is registered with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO). Our Audiology Services are funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
Our Team provides full Hearing Aid Dispensing Services, which include: dispensing and ongoing support of Hearing Aids, FM Systems, and other Assistive Listening Devices. In addition, hearing aid batteries and other accessories are available for purchase. Our Hearing Aid Dispensary is registered to provide services through the Assistive Devices Program (ADP), Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB), Department of Veteran’s Affairs (DVA), Ministry of Community and Social Services (ACSD and ODSP), Infant Hearing Program (IHP) and several insurance companies.
Hearing Aid Dispensary Services are fee for service. All of our proceeds are re-invested into the hospital to allow for continual organizational improvements to benefit our patients, programs and the community.
• Free Hearing Tests for all ages
• Hearing Aid Prescriptions
• We sell all makes of Hearing Aids
• Hearing Aid Support and Service
• Hearing Aid Orientation Clinics
• Auditory Processing (APD) evaluations
• Specialty Earplugs (e.g. Swim Molds, Musician's Earplugs, Noise Protection)
• Assistive Listening Devices (e.g. FM Systems, Alerting Devices, Alarm Clocks and Telephones, TV Devices, etc.)
Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre
547 Glenridge Avenue
(across from Brock University)
St. Catharines ON L2T 4C2
• Port Colborne Site of the Niagara Health System (NHS) – Audiology Services
• Niagara-on-the-Lake Site of the NHS – Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensary Services
• Both sites can accommodate children (5+ years) and adults
Referrals are not necessary, although recommended.
Please bring your health card to your appointment.
Phone: (905) 685-1381 ext. 85233
Fax: (905) 688-9905
Looking for more information? See our Frequently Asked Questions.