The Coordinator, Health Data and Human Resources provides extensive administrative services and statistical reporting for the Director, Health Data & QI in addition to supporting privacy and quality activities and initiatives. The incumbent contributes to the efficient operation of the Human Resources Department and plays a lead role in maintaining the hospital Volunteer program.
The Human Resources staff support the organization through Recruitment, Comp & Benefits, Employee Relations, Labour Relations, Policy and Procedure, AODA, Organizational On-Boarding, and Student & Volunteer administration, as well as other functions.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience preparing correspondences and reports, preparing statistical reports with varying degree of complexity, preparing and distributing documentation for meetings and maintaining a filing system.
- Demonstrated experience in program supervision and coordination. Emphasis on volunteer management including recruiting, screening, interviewing, scheduling, training and ongoing monitoring.
- Demonstrated experience working with external partners to develop and facilitate volunteer programs.
- Demonstrated experience writing and monitoring policies and procedures in compliance with relevant legislation and applicable collective agreements.
- Strong ability to conduct research, synthesize information, analyze data & provide summary of analysis sufficient to develop/aide in resolutions.
- Proficient computer skills in the use of MS-Office, including Word and Excel with demonstrated experience developing and maintaining documents, templates and databases, preparation of letters, execute calculations, producing and analyzing metrics, coordinating and facilitating training activities.
- Experience acting as a point of contact for staff, managers, volunteers, patients, visitors and the public operating as a resource for concerns or complaints.
- Analytical, problem solving, decision making and evaluation skills sufficient to solve a variety of issues.
- Strong interpersonal and human relations skills sufficient to build effective working relationships with Managers, Staff, Patients, Volunteers, Visitors and External Stakeholders, etc.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and possess organizational skills and the proficiency to prioritize work sufficiently to establish and revise workload priorities based upon work volume, fluctuating deadlines and with regular interruptions, while maintaining a high level of accuracy and meeting all required deadlines.
- An understanding of healthcare and employment legislation such as the Employment Standards Act, the Human Rights Code, Personal Health Information Protection Act, The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and the Excellent Care for All Act.
- Previous participation in continuous improvement of departmental functions.
- A commitment to professional development.
- This position requires a university degree and/or college diploma in a health care, business or human resources or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years of recent related experience in a healthcare setting.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Word and Excel programs.
- Previous experience with Meditech an asset.
- Must have excellent judgement and attention to detail with a high regard for confidentiality.
- Must possess English language literacy and verbal/written skills sufficient to edit written materials; to complete detailed forms and reports and to communicate effectively with department staff, hospital staff, and the public.
- Must possess knowledge of standard clerical procedures such as record keeping, filing systems, standard business communication formats and knowledge of office equipment to complete functions with minimal supervision.
The Hotel Dieu Shaver provides a competitive compensation, benefit and pension plan.
If you are interested in serving our community in an environment of holistic and compassionate care and would like to join our team, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter.
Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre
Human Resources Department
541 Glenridge Avenue
St. Catharines, ON L2T 4C2
Fax: (905) 687-3228
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their reply and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted by the Human Resources Department.
Closing Date: April 12, 2019 at 4pm