The Rankin Family Cancer Rehab Program at Hotel Dieu Shaver is a unique program that offers medically-monitored rehabilitation to patients who have completed cancer treatment and are now living at home ready for a comprehensive rehabilitation and wellness program.
Patients who are referred to the program undergo a medical assessment by a physiatrist and work with an inter-professional team to evaluate physical, social and psychological domains of health and well-being.
Thank you to the Rankin Family & Rankin Cancer Run for generously providing funds to launch this program!
This program is 100% donor funded. We rely on generous support from the community each year to provide the necessary funds to keep the program running.
Watch the program video to learn more:
Rehab team consists of:
A referral to this outpatient program may help your patient with one or more of the following issues:
- Cancer treatment fatigue and deconditioning
- Chemotherapy induced neuropathy: pain and decreased mobility
- Musculoskeletal pain that is inhibiting function
- Decreased strength and endurance with ambulation and activities of daily living
- Physical challenges inhibiting the ability to re-engage in community participation
- Decreased independence with day to day functional activities
- Emotional Well-being
Admission to the Rankin Family Cancer Rehab Program must be made by a doctor’s referral, which can be downloaded here
Questions about the Cancer Rehab Program?
Contact Jeane Davis-Fyfe, Manager of Outpatient Rehabilitation & Specialty Clinics
ext. 85276 | Email