This position is designed to ensure that adequate staffing levels are maintained in various Hospital departments, at all times. The Staff Scheduler is responsible for the coordinating the schedules for all rehabilitation staff which includes but is not limited to maintaining schedules and staffing levels, and is responsible for staff replacement of sick calls, Leave of Absence (LOA), vacation, and Christmas schedules as directed by the department Managers. The Staff Scheduler also assists the managers by developing new master schedules as required as well as conducts payroll entry for multiple departments and programs, as well as other administrative tasks for clinical and other departments, as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining staffing schedules, staffing records, sign-in sheets, vacation schedules and availability sheets for staff with an emphasis on accuracy while maintaining efficiency.
- Demonstrated experience booking staff replacement for sick time, bereavement, LOA, and vacation in alignment with the applicable collective agreements.
- Analytical, problem solving, decision making and evaluation skills sufficient to solve a variety of scheduling issues.
- Demonstrated experience in payroll/data entry with emphasis upon speed and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and human relations skills sufficient to build effective working relationships with Managers, Staff, and other Departments.
- Demonstrated understanding and execution of Collective Agreements and scheduling provisions.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and possess organizational skills and the proficiency to prioritize work sufficiently to establish and revise workload priorities based upon work volume, fluctuating deadlines and with regular interruptions, while maintaining a high level of accuracy and meeting all required deadlines.
- The ability to perform other clerical duties as assigned.
- Potential reporting to other departments depending on administrative requirements.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Office Management Certificate or equivalent in education and experience required.
- 1-3 years of recent related experience in a healthcare setting.
- Previous experience in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Word and Excel programs.
- Previous experience with Meditech an asset.
- Must be able to operate a calculator to total attendance records and sign-in sheets, with emphasis upon accuracy.
- Must possess English language literacy and verbal/written skills sufficient to edit written materials; to complete detailed forms and reports and to communicate effectively with department staff, and hospital staff. Must possess knowledge of standard clerical procedures such as record keeping, filing systems, standard business communication formats and knowledge of office equipment to complete functions with minimal supervision.
If you are interested in serving our community in an environment of holistic and compassionate care and would like to join our team, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter.
Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre
Human Resources Department
541 Glenridge Avenue
St. Catharines, ON L2T 4C2
Fax: (905) 687-3228
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their reply and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted by the Human Resources Department.
Closing Date: Friday, April 12, 2019 at 4pm