The Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides comprehensive, specialized and advanced care for patients within the clinical specialty of geriatrics, complex care, palliative care, and rehabilitative nursing. Practicing within an interprofessional team, the NP is responsible for promoting best practices, providing leadership in senior healthcare, and promoting excellence in the nursing care of adults through direct patient care, program design, clinical consultation, staff education and research.
Our ideal candidate:
- Advanced clinical knowledge and expertise in the fields of complex care and geriatric rehabilitation including a focus on behavior management and well developed critical thinking skills in order to:
- facilitate a comprehensive nursing and psychosocial assessment of the patient
- develop and implement a care plan to address identified needs of adults with complex needs
- provide direct, specialized care and/or consultation to patients, families, health care professionals and community partners where advanced nursing expertise is required
- Established ability to develop positive relationships with clients, their families, physicians, and other service providers
- Excellent English language skills including communication, literacy and comprehension.
- Program development, implementation and evaluation skills.
- Superior interpersonal, coaching, and leadership skills to facilitate identification and development of staff learning needs and to provide direct, specialized care and/or consultation to patients, families, health care professionals and community partners where advanced nursing expertise is required
- Excellent decision making, problem recognition, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- A strong desire and capacity to promote professional practice, excellence in evidence-based, and person-centered care
- Strong organizational skills in order to manage complex projects, and multiple competing demands on time
- Ability to be self-directed, work independently and interdependently
- Ability to effectively lead project teams to achieve outcomes
- Knowledge and experience in utilizing change theory. Chronic disease management and adult learning principles to advance projects and professional nursing practice
- Demonstrated competency in knowledge translation
- Ability to perform research activities by effectively integrating research into the clinical role
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Computer literacy in statistical analysis and/or qualitative analysis software
- Possess a high degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Performs other duties as required.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario as an RN – Extended Class (Nurse Practitioner)
- Masters Degree in Nursing required with a focus in geriatrics preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of demonstrated expertise in geriatric or palliative or rehabilitation nursing
- 2 years role experience in the past 6 years in a similar hospital environment
- Rehabilitation Nursing Certification or Gerontology Nursing Certificate through the Canadian Nurses Association Membership in professional organizations preferred
- Eligible for adjuvant appointment to academic institutions
- Experience with goal-oriented, person centred care in a similar hospital environment
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development
If you are interested in serving our community in an environment of holistic and compassionate care and would like to join our team, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter.
Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre
Human Resources Department
541 Glenridge Avenue
St. Catharines, ON L2T 4C2
Fax: (905) 687-3228
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their reply and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted by the Human Resources Department.
Applications must be submitted to the Human Resources Department no later than 4:00pm on Friday, June 7, 2019. Please includ