The Registered Dietitian is responsible for the nutritional care and education of in-patients in the hospital as well as provides education to out-patients in Rehabilitation programs. The position provides nutritional care to patients in order to optimize nutrition, which often includes diet education as a measure of preventative Health Care.
Our ideal candidate:
- Responsible for the nutritional care and education of in-patients.
- Must have analytical abilities and decision-making skills sufficient to develop patient therapeutic diet plans and have the ability to analyze results in order to make appropriate changes.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess time management and analytical skills.
- Self-directed, flexible, and able to work effectively with minimal supervision in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Supportive of departmental goals and objectives, demonstrating initiative to promote total quality improvement.
- Must possess interpersonal skills sufficient to maintain effective working relationships with department staff, hospital staff and outside contacts.
- Participation in continuing education programs/courses to enhance related professional knowledge is required.
- Must be flexible, self-directed and able to work effectively with minimal supervision Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work sufficiently to handle the work load and meet time constraints, to change priorities as required and follow up on information independently.
- Must possess computer skills sufficient to input and retrieve information using Meditech system, record workload statistics, perform external research and general clerical functions in Microsoft Office;
- Must possess human relations skills sufficient to develop effective therapeutic relationships with patients and their families and to develop and maintain positive working relationships with physicians and other members of the health care team.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent English language literacy skills sufficient to read and understand all relevant information and communicate through written and verbal exchanges with internal and external contacts.
- BSc Degree or equivalent in Human Nutrition from an accredited university, and completion of a Dietetic Internship Program.
- Registered with the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
- Members of the Dietitians of Canada, is preferred.
- Proficiency in both official languages (English and French) will be considered an asset
Temporary Full Time: Monday – Friday 08:00 -16:00
Salary Range: $34.47 - $43.91 per hour
Regular Part-Time / Casual employees must be available for all days, and all shifts including weekends and statutory holidays.
If you are interested in serving our community in an environment of holistic and compassionate care and would like to join our team, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter.
Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre Human Resources Department
541 Glenridge Avenue
St. Catharines, ON L2T 4C2
Fax: (905) 687-3228
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their reply and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted by the Human Resources Department