Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre is a faith based 134 bed facility specializing in rehabilitation, complex care and seniors’ health. We take pride in providing an environment where our staff can grow professionally and personally.The Screener position is designed to assist with the screening of patients, visitors, staff, physicians and vendors as they enter Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre. The Covid-19 Screener will be responsible for determining eligibility for entrance, including the screening of signs and symptoms using the questions in the provided screening tool and a thermal forehead thermometer and will refer individuals for secondary screening if required.
- Wage is $17 per hour
- Vacancy is anticipated to end on or about September 12th,2021
- Available to work all shifts including: call-ins, weekends, days, afternoons, evenings & holidays
- The primary role of the Screener is to greet and screen all staff, physicians, patients, caregivers, visitors and vendors who enter the hospital;
- To ensure all persons entering the facility follow proper precautionary measures and wear the correct PPE as required;
- Measure and record temperatures using various thermometer types;
- Accurately maintain and document information for records;
- Strong customer service experience with success in conflict resolution;
- Effective interpersonal and courteous communication and problem-solving skills;
- Work independently with minimal supervision and take initiative to assist visitors with their needs;
- Ensure all screening areas are clean and well organized;
- Sanitization of incoming items;
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum grade 12 diploma or equivalent;
- Volunteer experience or formal training in a health care setting is an asset;
- The physical capability to perform the duties of the position and tasks which include: bending, turning, lifting, walking, sitting and standing for extended periods of time;
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment which includes: mask, gloves, gown and face shield or googles;
- Behaviours consistent with Hotel Dieu Shaver values;
- Ability to maintain a polite and courteous manner in stressful situations;
- Must be reliable with excellent attendance record with the ability to work all shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays;
- Proficiency in both official languages (English and French) will be considered an asset.
If you are interested in serving our community in an environment of holistic and compassionate care and would like to join our team, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter.
Fax: (905) 687-3228
Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre Human Resources Department
541 Glenridge Avenue
St. Catharines, ON L2T 4C2
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their reply and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted by the Human Resources Department.
Closing Date: May 16th, 2021 @ 4pm