Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre is a faith based 134 bed Hospital specializing in rehabilitation, complex care and seniors’ health. We take pride in providing an environment where our staff can grow professionally and personally. Add to that the beautiful environment of the Niagara Region with its breathtaking nature trails, award-winning wineries, acclaimed arts and culture and post-secondary institutions, and Hotel Dieu Shaver is where great careers begin and excel.
Position: Coordinator, Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Position Type: Regular Part-Time - 37.5 hours bi-weekly
The Human Resources Department provides a strategic approach to the support and development of the Hospital’s most important asset – its staff and volunteers. The department is committed to ensure that the culture, policies and structure of the Hospital and the quality and commitment of staff, contribute to the continuous improvement of patient care. The Coordinator, Human Resources, reports directly to the Director of Human Resources and contributes to the efficient operation of the Human Resources Department and plays a lead role in administering and maintaining the Hospital’s compensation and benefits programs as well as providing support to the volunteer program and other areas within HR such as recruitment, employee relations and onboarding.
- Act as a point of contact providing expert guidance, advice and HR expertise to management, staff, volunteers, union partners and other stakeholders on a variety of HR issues and responds to inquiries with respect to the clarification, interpretation or execution of the collective agreements, legislation, Hospital, HR and benefits programs, policies and procedures;
- Leads and participates in the delivery, implementation, administration, research and support of the Hospital’s compensation and benefits programs for both unionized and non-union employee groups including responding to benefits and compensation inquiries, development of recommendations and comfortably engaging with third party benefits carriers.
- Collect, analyze and report on pay, benefits and/or employee data; and conduct market research to prepare reports/charts/graphs/complete surveys to clearly outline analysis findings and identify trends to drive HR planning.
- Preparing correspondences and statistical reports with varying degree of complexity, execute calculations, producing and analyzing metrics, preparing and distributing documentation for meetings and maintaining of accurate electronic and paper filing systems.
- Apply thorough knowledge of collective agreements and employment legislation such as the Employment Standards Act, Ontario Labour Relations Act, Pay Equity Act, AODA and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Participation on various committees and working groups such as the Employee Wellness and Employee Recognition committees.
- Work in collaboration with Human Resources colleagues to support the Hospital’s volunteer program as well as providing support and coverage for other HR functions as needed.
- Work as a trusted and collaborative advisor in order to execute departmental strategies and support the organizations’ mission, values and objectives;
- Other job duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Human Resources or related field or the equivalent in work experience.
- 1-2 years of recent, related experience.
- Previous experience in a unionized and/or Hospital/Healthcare environment is an asset.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), with the ability to readily learn new software as needed.
- Previous experience with Meditech is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in compensation and benefits administration.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining reports, templates, databases, preparing letters, producing and analyzing various metrics, synthesizing information and generating a summary of analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to build, foster and maintain constructive, collaborative relationships with management, external contacts, staff, volunteers and union partners.
- Approachability and responsiveness with a strong customer service focus.
- Effective stakeholder engagement, interpersonal skills and superior verbal, written, listening and presentation skills to ensure effective communication at all levels.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, partner-focused, collaborative environment.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent judgement, attention to detail and a high regard for confidentiality.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and possess organizational skills sufficient to establish and revise workload priorities based upon work volume, fluctuating deadlines and with regular interruptions, while maintaining a very high level of accuracy and meeting all required deadlines.
- Registration in good standing with the HRPA preferred.
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset.
Hotel Dieu Shaver provides a competitive compensation, benefit and pension plan.
If you are interested in serving our community in an environment of holistic and compassionate care and would like to join our team, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter.
Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre
Human Resources Department
541 Glenridge Avenue
St. Catharines, ON L2T 4C2
Fax: (905) 687-3228
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their reply and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted by the Human Resources Department.
Closing Date: June 27, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.