Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre is a faith based 134 bed Hospital specializing in rehabilitation, complex care and seniors’ health. We take pride in providing an environment where our staff can grow professionally and personally. Add to that the beautiful environment of the Niagara Region with its breathtaking nature trails, award-winning wineries, acclaimed arts and culture and post-secondary institutions, and Hotel Dieu Shaver is where great careers begin and excel.
Position: Coordinator, Health Data & Human Resources
Department: Health Data & Human Resources
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
The Coordinator, Health Data & Human Resources plays a dual role within the Hospital reporting to both the Director of Human Resources and the Director of Health Data and Quality Improvement. The Coordinator contributes to the efficient operation of the Human Resources department and plays a lead role in administering and maintaining the Hospital’s compensation and benefits programs as well as providing full-spectrum support to the hospital volunteer portfolio which includes the Patient and Family Advisor group. In addition, the incumbent is also responsible for providing extensive administrative and statistical services for the Hospital’s privacy and quality initiatives, accreditation, patient relations and risk management programs.
- Act as a point of contact providing expert assistance, advice, guidance and coaching to employees, managers, Patient and Family Advisors, volunteers, union partners and stakeholders, on a variety of issues and responds to inquiries with respect to the clarification, interpretation or execution of the collective agreements, legislation, incident reporting system, accreditation, volunteer and benefits programs, policies and procedures, etc.;
- Preparing correspondences and statistical reports with varying degree of complexity, execute calculations, producing and analyzing metrics, preparing and distributing documentation for meetings and maintaining of accurate electronic and paper filing systems;
- As an administrator of the Hospital’s internal incident reporting system (RL Solutions), review incident reports submitted for accuracy, needed follow up and quality; including the running of applicable reports for analysis;
- Drive the patient experience internal process including ensuring all patients are provided the opportunity to be surveyed, preparing data and graphs, summarizing data and working with Patient Advisors for presentation of results;
- Providing administrative support throughout the Hospital’s accreditation process as well as to the quality improvement, patient relations and risk management areas;
- Responsible for the maintenance, implementation and updating of various training and education programs which includes the monitoring and tracking of training to ensure organization and staff compliance;
- Work closely and in collaboration with Patient and Family Advisors (hospital volunteers);
- Leads and participates in the delivery, implementation, administration, research and support of the Hospital’s compensation and benefits programs for both unionized and non-union employee groups including responding to benefits and compensation inquiries, development of recommendations and comfortably engaging with third party benefits carriers;
- Collect, analyze and report on pay, benefits and/or employee data; and conduct market research to prepare reports/charts/graphs/complete surveys to clearly outline analysis findings and identify trends to drive HR planning;
- Apply thorough knowledge of collective agreements, employment and healthcare legislation such as the Employment Standards Act, the Human Rights Code, Personal Health Information Protection Act, The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and the Excellent Care for All Act;
- Work in collaboration with Human Resources colleagues to support the Hospital’s volunteer program as well as providing support and coverage for other HR functions as needed;
- Participation on various committees and working groups such as Patient and Family Advisory Council, Accreditation team meetings, Employee Wellness and Employee Recognition committees;
- Work as a trusted and collaborative advisor in order to execute departmental strategies and support the organizations’ mission, values and objectives;
- Other job duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Human Resources, Health Information Management or related field or the equivalent in work experience;
- 2-3 years of recent, related experience;
- Previous experience in a Hospital/Healthcare environment is an asset;
- Previous experience in a unionized environment is an asset;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), with the ability to readily learn new software as needed;
- Previous experience with RL Solutions and/or Meditech is an asset;
- Demonstrated experience in compensation and benefits administration;
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining reports, templates, databases, preparing letters, producing and analyzing various metrics, synthesizing information and generating a summary of analysis;
- Demonstrated ability to build, foster and maintain constructive, collaborative relationships with management, staff, patients, visitors, Patient and Family Advisors, volunteers, union partners and external contacts;
- Approachability and responsiveness with a strong customer service focus;
- Effective stakeholder engagement, interpersonal skills and superior verbal, written, listening and presentation skills to ensure effective communication at all levels;
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, partner-focused, collaborative environment;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent judgement, attention to detail and a high regard for confidentiality;
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and possess organizational skills sufficient to establish and revise workload priorities based upon work volume, fluctuating deadlines and with regular interruptions, while maintaining a very high level of accuracy and meeting all required deadlines;
- Previous participation in the continuous improvement of departmental functions;
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset.
Hotel Dieu Shaver provides a competitive compensation, benefit and pension plan.
If you are interested in serving our community in an environment of holistic and compassionate care and would like to join our team, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter.
Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre
Human Resources Department
541 Glenridge Avenue
St. Catharines, ON L2T 4C2
Fax: (905) 687-3228
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their reply and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted by the Human Resources Department.
Closing Date: July 28, 2021 at 4:00pm