The Niagara Ontario Health Team-Équipe Santé Ontario Niagara (NOHT-ÉSON) is hosting presentations across Niagara to provide an overview of its work and share ways that the public can get involved. These Public Information Sessions will provide Niagara residents with an overview of the organization’s purpose, recent initiatives, and engagement opportunities and will take place across Niagara, over the next several weeks.
The NOHT-ÉSON’s user-friendly website, www.noht-eson.ca, allows the community to easily access information and resources. The website also enables residents of Niagara to keep up to date on the Ontario Health Team’s (OHT) initiatives and programs.
While the website is new, the team is not, and has been in existence for two years. During that time, relationships and partnerships have continued to be strengthened across healthcare partners as the NOHT-ÉSON advanced co-designing patient-centred healthcare grounded in health equity, engagement and the needs of Niagara residents.
OHTs were introduced by Government of Ontario in 2019 to provide a new way of organizing and delivering care that is more connected to patients/clients in their local communities. NOHT-ÉSON partners provide a wide array of services—primary care, home care, emergency services, public health, social services, mental health and addictions, long-term care, rehabilitation, and acute care—across Niagara.
The NOHT-ÉSON’s upcoming information sessions are as follows:
- Welland – Centre de santé communautaire Hamilton/Welland – Tuesday, September 13 at 10 a.m. (French session)
- Welland – Centre de santé communautaire Hamilton/Welland – Tuesday, September 13 at 2 p.m. (English session)
- Lincoln – Fleming Memorial Arena – Wednesday, September 14 at 6:30 p.m.
- Virtual session via Zoom (French) – Thursday, September 15 at 6:30 p.m.
- St. Catharines - Pathstone Mental Health – Tuesday, September 20 at 6:30 p.m.
- Niagara Falls – Niagara Falls Community Health Centre – Wednesday, September 21 at 4 p.m.
- Virtual session via Zoom (English) – Thursday, September 22 at 6:30 p.m.
Using the event calendar, click here to register for a Public Information Session in your city.
The Niagara Ontario Health Team-Équipe Santé Ontario Niagara (NOHT-ÉSON) is a steadily growing network of more than 45 health care providers, social service agencies, educational institutions and patient/client and family/caregiver representatives. We are committed to working as one coordinated team to provide exceptional service, support and care to you, no matter when or where you need it, now and for our future generations. Visit us at www.noht-eson.ca.
Hotel Dieu Shaver is a proud partner of NOHT-ÉSON.