Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre is a faith based 134 bed facility specializing in rehabilitation, complex care and seniors’ health. We are Niagara’s only rehabilitation hospital and we take pride in providing an environment where our staff can grow professionally and personally. Add to that the beautiful environment of the Niagara Region with its breathtaking nature trails, award-winning wineries, acclaimed arts and culture and post-secondary institutions, and Hotel Dieu Shaver is where great careers begin and excel.
Position Type: Casual and Regular Part Time
Salary Range: $36.48-$50.55
The Physiotherapist is responsible for providing quality person-centered Physiotherapy services within the in-patient and out-patient clinical programs.
Our ideal candidate:
- Provides Physiotherapy services which include: accurate patient assessment, client-driven goal setting/treatment planning, providing treatment/education, maintaining client records, and planning appropriate/timely discharges.
- Completes standardized tests, including calculation and documentation of results.
- The Physiotherapist maintains accurate, complete and current patient records and workload statistics.
- The incumbent ensures the provision of quality patient care by: instructing and monitoring the work of the Rehab Assistants, and Rehab Aides.
- Improves own clinical skills through participation in clinical courses, workshops and seminars as well as by reviewing current research articles and journals to ensure evidence based, best practices.
- Supervises and evaluates assigned students.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A Master of Science Degree in Physiotherapy or equivalent is required.
- Must be registered and in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
- Must possess sound professional judgment and initiative based on education and experience in the field of Physical Therapy.
- Must have good English language written and verbal communications skills and English language literacy skills.
- Must have good human relations skills in order to work co-operatively with patients and the interprofessional team.
- The incumbent must have time management skills, be organized and able to function effectively both independently and as an interprofessional team member.
- Must possess teaching skills, physiotherapy skills and knowledge of physiotherapy procedures and equipment sufficient to implement and evaluate clinical teaching programs for physiotherapy students.
- Must be a critical thinker and have the ability to use logic and reasoning during problem solving.
- Working knowledge of Meditech program would be preferred.
- Must have proven ability to perform the physical requirements of the position.
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption based on medical or other ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you are interested in serving our community in an environment of holistic and compassionate care and would like to join our team, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter.
We invite you to join our friendly work environment and take advantage of a unique opportunity to develop in an innovative role and in a culture that fosters holistic and compassionate care. Please submit your resume and cover letter.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their reply and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted by the Human Resources Department.