As the only rehabilitation hospital in the Niagara Region, Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre provides specialized post-acute hospital care and exceptional clinical outcomes through inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation and complex care programs. Our interprofessional team utilizes state of the art equipment to restore health, rebuild lives, and renew hope providing the highest quality of compassionate care to every patient. Hotel Dieu Shaver is where careers begin and flourish.
Position Type: Casual and Part-Time
SALARY RANGE: $39.19 – $54.66 per hour
The Physiotherapist is responsible for providing quality person-centered Physiotherapy services within the in-patient and out-patient clinical programs.
Our ideal candidate:
- Provides Physiotherapy services which include: accurate patient assessment, client-driven goal setting/treatment planning, providing treatment/education, maintaining client records, and planning appropriate/timely discharges.
- Completes standardized tests, including calculation and documentation of results.
- The Physiotherapist maintains accurate, complete and current patient records and workload statistics.
- The incumbent ensures the provision of quality patient care by: instructing and monitoring the work of the Rehab Assistants, and Rehab Aides.
- Improves own clinical skills through participation in clinical courses, workshops and seminars as well as by reviewing current research articles and journals to ensure evidence based, best practices.
- Supervises and evaluates assigned students.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A Master of Science Degree in Physiotherapy or equivalent is required.
- Must be registered and in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
- Must possess sound professional judgment and initiative based on education and experience in the field of Physical Therapy.
- Must have good English language written and verbal communications skills and English language literacy skills.
- Must have good human relations skills in order to work co-operatively with patients and the interprofessional team.
- The incumbent must have time management skills, be organized and able to function effectively both independently and as an interprofessional team member.
- Must possess teaching skills, physiotherapy skills and knowledge of physiotherapy procedures and equipment sufficient to implement and evaluate clinical teaching programs for physiotherapy students.
- Must be a critical thinker and have the ability to use logic and reasoning during problem solving.
- Working knowledge of Meditech program would be preferred.
- Must have proven ability to perform the physical requirements of the position.
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption based on medical or other ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you are interested in serving our community in an environment of holistic and compassionate care and would like to join our team, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their reply and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted by the Human Resources Department.