The Parkinson's Rehab Program at HDS provides interprofessional care for clients diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.
* Please note that this program may be operating differently right now, due to COVID-19*
The program at Hotel Dieu Shaver provides Interprofessional care for clients diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. Interventions are offered based on client-driven goals, and may be provided in an individual or group setting.
The program is designed to:
- Provide time-limited rehab treatment by an interprofessional team
- Incorporate both individual and group formats
- Assist patients and their families in taking an active role to achieve their optimal level of function
Standard outcome measures are utilized and captured during the course of the program. Patient specific outcome measures show improvement at the end of the program. These outcomes are measured again in six weeks post program to see if the gains are made.
This program does require a physician's referral, which can be downloaded here.
- Individual assessment and treatment
- Goal Setting
- Group Education
- Caregiver Support
- Home Exercise Programs
THERAPY TEAM TO INCLUDE:
- Occupational therapist
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Social Worker
- Rehabilitation Assistant
- Registered Dietician
- Registered Nurse
- Consulting Physiatrist
- Twice weekly for six weeks
- Three hours per session
- Six clients per group
Questions about the Parkinson's Program?
Contact Jeane Davis-Fyfe, Manager of Outpatient Rehabilitation & Specialty Clinics
ext. 85276 | email
This program is 100% funded by Hotel Dieu Shaver Foundation and generous support from our community. We rely on community support each year to provide the necessary funds to keep this program running.