As Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre continues the process of welcoming visitors back into the hospital, a measured and phased approach will continue to be taken to ensure the health and safety of staff, patients and visitors.
Visitation is currently restricted to two daily time blocks and patients will be able to have one visitor per each time block.
Effective Monday, October 19th, 2020, HDS' evening visiting time block will be changing.
The new time blocks consist of the following:
• 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
• 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
As a reminder, to maintain a safe patient care environment, visitors must:
• Be 18 years or older.
• Bring your own mask and wear it at all times, while in the hospital.
• Pass screening in order to gain entry. Should a visitor fail the screening process, that visitor will not be permitted into the hospital.
• Upon screening completion, visitors must proceed directly to the patient’s room. Visitation is restricted to the patient’s bedside only.
• Follow all Hotel Dieu Shaver infection prevention measures, including meticulous hand hygiene and physical distancing throughout the visit.
• Enter through the inpatient building front entrance.
• Not bring food or drink in at this time.
• Keep deliveries and personal items to a minimum, as all items need to be sanitized before granted entry.
Limited exceptions to this visiting policy for extenuating compassionate reasons will be made on a case by case basis.
Please download HDS' Visitation Brochure for all information.