Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
This page is updated as conditions evolve.
Hotel Dieu Shaver (HDS) continues to be a safe place to receive care, and we continue to take extra precautions as part of our COVID-19 prevention measures.
COVID-19 Outbreak Status
Units in Outbreak, as of Jan. 21, 2022:
- 1 East
- 1 West
- 2 West
Hotel Dieu Shaver's COVID-19 Immunization and Management Policy (Policy No.: II-OH-21) can be reviewed here
- Patient visitation inside or outside of the hospital is not permitted;
- Exceptions will only be made for end of life patients and are subject to approval by the clinical team;
- Any person granted an exception must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their enhanced vaccine certificate with QR code, along with photo ID.
Read full details about the temporary visitation changes here: https://bit.ly/3exPblE
Hotel Dieu Shaver remains diligent in respecting our staff, physicians, patients and families, while aligning with our ongoing COVID-19 response. We are sincerely committed to providing the safest environment possible and are extremely grateful for the ongoing support.
- Any person coming for an outpatient appointment will not be permitted a support person;
- Limited exceptions, as determined by the clinical team, will only be considered for children under the age of 16 or any patient with a cognitive impairment, dementia or developmental disability;
- Any approved caregiver granted an exception must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their enhanced vaccine certificate with QR code, along with photo ID.
Current Suspensions & ClosuresTo protect health and strengthen safety, until further notice, the below services are restricted at this time:
- Patient Advisor's, Volunteers and Auxilians
- Hotel Dieu Shaver Gift Shop
- Pet visitation
- Hair Dresser Services